Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 41a of ALAA-Thurs, June 23rd, 2011

Yesterday was riding from NOLA toward home. I got out of New Orleans on the interstates and then down South to US 90 Westbound. Ever heard of New Iberia, LA? Or, more specifically, Avery Island? It's where Tabasco brand hot sauce is made. So I hustle "don on de bayu" to check it out. It's a pretty interesting process and, yes, you can seriously smell the peppers. The only problem is that rain started as I was leaving the island.

Oh, Avery Island really is an island even though it's surrounded by nothing but swampland. Look at it on a satellite map and you can see it. Anyway, I spent two hours in a gas station in New Iberia waiting for the torrential downpour to let up some. It finally did but I still got only as far as Lafayette. Today I'm going to our house-it will be our HOME when my bride gets there! Home, after six weeks on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment