Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 36a of ALAA-WAOF-Sat, June 18th, 2011

This is Where I Got Out of the Rain and Made the Decision to Head HOME!
Hum, what does the WAOF above mean? The 2-3 of you reading this probably think it standa for Way Off or my mental condition for attempting a T&@d hunt like this in the first place (and you very well could be right!). Actually, the WAOF stands for Without All of Florida. Basically, a rainstorm passed over, I took refuge under the bank drive through, took a short nap on the concrete (!) an decided to go home.


So this trip is going to be a lap around America Without All Of Florida-I've decided that I've seen enough of Florida and I'm going to be headed West toward Texas if and when this rain ever stops. I'm parked under the drive-through window cover of the TD bank in San Augustine Beach, FL waiting for the weather to clear. The part of this trip that I will miss the most will be riding the Overseas Highway to Key West. My Bride and I spent our 25th anniversary in KW and drove the OH from Miami to KW and back.

But my desire to ride my bike down there and back isn't as great as my homesickness. I miss my Bride, miss talking with her, miss massaging her feet, miss sharing our lives and meals together, and on and on and on! I've been gone five weeks today and that's a long time to do anything alone. It would have been wonderful to have her with me to be able to share so many of these experiences but I understand her reluctance to come with me. Being without her this long wears on you. We talk on the phone several times a day but those short conversations aren't enough-I need her. Besides that, South Florida isn't that far from Planet Houston so maybe the Keys and the Overseas Highway will still be here!


The thunderstorm has mostly passed but the roads are still wet and steam is rising up from the wet pavement so I think I'll wait a little longer before hitting the road . . . . toward Home!

1 comment: