Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 20a of ALAA-Thurs, June 2nd, 2011

Have you ever hears the expression that bad news comes in threes? Well, yesterday I had my three almost all at once! I was stopped getting gas in the big fat middle of Nowheresville, MT and I couldn't get my iPod ear buds to stay in. So I took the helmet off and the pivoting face shield almost came off in my hands, that knocked my glasses off, and one of the lenses popped out! So I'm standing there with one ear bud in, holding a broken helmet, trying to get the lens back in my glasses, and wondering how long my nearly bald rear tire is going to hold out! Did I mention that this trip was supposed to be fun?

So I'm at a Honda motorcycle dealer in Glasgow, MT getting that new tire, fresh oil, and a new helmet if they have one I like! I can't think of anyplace I'd rather be than here (if you don't count with my Bride in Texas, Big Sur, Lake Tahoe, the Florida Keys, or anywhereelse.)

Two thing I've noticed about this area: This is a rich agricultural region with a lot of early season wheat coming in and there aren't very many trucks on the roads. The railroads run from city to city and gin to gin. The people are friendly and 2-3 have commented today about the thick layer of mosquitos on my windshield (and I DO mean thick!) heading for North Dakota when the bike's finished.

1 comment: