Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 27a of ALAA-Thurs, May 9th, 2011

Well, I've got a change in plans for you: Rather than follow the roads along the Canadian border through upstate NY, VT, and NH to Maine, I'm following the NY Thruway to Albany, cut across Southern VT, North through central NH, and into Maine.


Why? Well, there are two reasons. The first is Cooperstown, NY where the National Baseball Hall of Fame is located. I've been to the National Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, MA so the Baseball HOF will be a new one! The second reason is moose! Two or three bikers I've talked with have warned me about the number of moose in upstate NY, VT, NH and ME. Since I don't especially like the odds on elk and me on my bike, I'll take the elk at 3-to-1 odds over me! Come to think of it, the possibility of hitting a moose scare the willies out of me! It's just flat-out not worth taking the chance so I'm wimping out and taking the Southern route across New England!

No comments:

Post a Comment