Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 31a of ALAA-Mon, June 13th, 2011

Well, I've seen it all now! I naively used to think that the most magnificent ocean-front homes in America were on the 17 Mile Drive in Carmel, CA. Ocean Drive in Newport, RI tops that . . . and then some! I guess the homes here were built by many of the monied families of the 1800's and early 1900's and are enormous beyond belief! Very impressive! The oceanfront homes don't look like homes-they look like medium sized hotels! Most of the homes are 3-4 stories tall and it looks like a block long! Also, Newport is more of a New England village than the dozens of villages I went through in Maine. It's a well done, well planned tourist destination city. I told my Bride a little while ago that this is a place we should visit and explore. Yes, visiting Newport is nice even if parking is a hassle!
Downtown Newport, RI


Ocean Walk in Newport, RI. Yes, these ARE homes!


I Told You These Mansions Looked Like Hotels, Didn't I?


No comments:

Post a Comment