Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 38a of ALAA-Mon, June 20th, 2011

A Short Ferry in FL
What happened Alabama? The minute I crossed the bridge into AL the world changed! Any signs of tourism along the beaches vanished, the roads got smaller and narrower with no shoulders, and the scenery started looking trashier! It's easy to tell how AL doesn't emphasize tourism like FL. The beaches here are still pretty although not as magnificent as the Emerald Coast. The sand from Panama City to Destin is very, very white and this makes the oceam water this beautiful blue-green, turquoise, or even emerald colored. Clearly the prettiest beaches I've seen since the Cereal State. It's very hot here though-it was 100 when I pulled into this Motel 6 and it was 102 where I stopped for lunch. A week and half ago I was complaining about the cold-now I'm complaining about the heat-never happy!


I'm three days away from home and this has been a magnificent, but lonely, trip. I've seen things (and states!) that many Americans only dream of seeing....but I've seen them alone, without anyone to share them with. This has been another one of those days when I've only spoken with 3-4 people and they were fast food and motel check-in clerks. Tomorrow night will probably the New Orleans area, then the Lake Charles area, and then the magical word....HOME to my Bride, my home, my poodles, and the normal day-to-day life that I've missed so!

No comments:

Post a Comment