Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Funny Thing Happened on the way . . .

Sitting in a Denny's waiting for the $2 breakfast ($3 w/ tax and tip!) and thinking about what happened this morning on the beach. I had finished rolling up the sleeping bag and pad and I had stepped outside the tent when it took off! The tent door was upzipped and it acted like a parachute taking off! The wind pulled the stakes out of the sand and it rolled about 1/4 mile down the beach and up into the dunes! I laughed when I finally caught it but I thought for a while it was a goner! Apparently this was very entertaining for the other campers along the beach because they were laughing their heads off! I got a lot of comments when I finally caught up with it and was walking back to my (former?) campsite. When I got back, the tarp I put the tent on was a goner too! It apparently blew down the beach and up over into the dunes as well. I'll just go to Wally World and spent $5 on a new one. Strong winds coming off the Gulf!

3 comments:

  1. I am still laughing about this- the idea that you chased your tent 1/4th a mile down the beach... Oh Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AT least you have to look at the good side of it, That was some good morning workout!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness! Glad you got it back! :)

    ReplyDelete