Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 11 of ALAA-Tues, May 24th, 2011. Half Moon Bay to Bodega Bay, CA

Cable Cars and Alcatraz-Gotta be San Francisco!

The Painted Ladies Across From Alamo Square with SF in the Background
This one is going to blow you away! I was looking for a campsite in Bodega Dunes campground in Sonoma Coast State Park and I ran into Amy and Aaron Redelsberger from Cascade! They are camping with their three adorable children and I asked if I could share their campsite before I recognized Amy. The world is an amazingly small place! I rode around the campground once before I stopped at their site. Before I recognized Amy, I proposed that I would give them $10 to pitch my tent far away from them, be very quiet, and not disturb them at all-I'm getting tired of paying $35 for a place to put my tent and take a shower! They have helped me by allowing me to sleep in their spare tent, eat a delicious chili dog, and share some great stories about Cascade and other Cascadians. They have been wonderful!


Other than the pleasant shock of that, today was mainly San Francisco-Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, cable cars, Chinatown-The usual tourist attractions. This was only about a 100 mile day but SF will do that to you! And, yes, it was cold like Will Rogers said "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." Ron and his wife, Harley, had not been to SF before so I tried to be a tour guide and show them the sights. Oh, Ron's girlfriend Betty was with us too! :-) The roads between SF and Bodega Bay are a motorcyclist's dream-smooth, hilly, and curvy but it's back on the PCH tomorrow toward Northern CA and Ora-GONE!

3 comments:

  1. That's SO crazy that you ran into them! Glad you got to spend time with them and that you've met some new friends, too. :) We better get to see you when you come through OR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I would of known you were on your trip I would of drove to sf to see you! Ride safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mike. That is weird and wonderful that you ran into the Redelsbergers. Looks like a great trip. Someday I will get my Buell XB9XS and I will go with you on a trip! Mary says it will be over her dead body, so it might be awhile.

    ~Jimmy Young

    ReplyDelete