Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 18a of ALAA-Tues, May 31st, 2011

Boondocking Behind a LDS Church in Republic, WA
This one's gonna blow you away! Last night I pulled into Republic, WA (I dare you to try to find THAT on a map!) cold, wet, and tired and a nice warm bed in a motel sounded good. $60 for a roach motel that has its lobby in a convenience store didn't appeal to my tight-fisted ways. Sooooooo, I left there and began looking for a campground and it wasn't until then that I realized that the fine of Republic, WA has no campgrounds! I was riding out of town and I saw this LDS church with a flat grassy area behind it. So I pulled in where no one could see me, set up the tent, and had a good nights sleep-I don't think the Mormons would have minded! I think the word for that is boondocking.

I slept well, left there before 6:00 AM and headed East. I'm having breakfast in Colville, WA and, yes, I apologize to Ben Heater! This is a beautiful area with friendly people. Well, I'm headed toward IDERho and maybe Glacier NP tonight if it's not too cold. It was 38 degrees when I woke up this morning! Freezing! I don't think I want the 90/90 heat and humidity in Houston but some 60's would be nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment