Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 17a of ALAA-Mon, May 30th, 2011

I'm in Port Townsend, WA waiting on a ferry to take me to Whidbey Island and, of course, I'm having a latte. I saw couple of deer on the side of the road between here and Port Angeles. I honked to keep them from running onto the road and they hustled their deer booties back into the forest.


It also occurred to me this morning that I'm now headed East. I've been South down the Gulf of Mexico, basically West along the Mexican border, then North up the Left Coast, and now I'm headed East along the Canadian border. And my friends, the Border Patrol is back in droves! After both visiting and working in Vancouver, BC several times, I can't in my wildest dreams imagine why our Border Patrol thinks Canadians would try to sneak across the border into the U. S. Vancouver, BC may be the most livable city in North America! I'm a patriotic American but Canada is a wonderful country!
Port Townsend, WA

It seems that the main difference between the US-Mexico border and the US-Canada border is economic development. Economic development also has all the things that go along with it-the quality of roads, cleanliness, and the monied look of the homes and businesses. I've said for a long time that Canada is the U. S. North, except with Loonies for money, the metric system, and bilingual Canada has French AND English printed on all the products. It's no wonder that Canada is our largest trading partner and one of our greatest allies!
North Cascades National Park

Big Time Snow in the Moutains Ahead!


Yes, that's SNOW!

The snow here on the side of the road is about 8 feet high!

Near Deception Pass in the San Juan Islands, WA

No comments:

Post a Comment