Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 4 of ALAA-Tues, May 17th, 2011. Big Bend NP to El Paso, TX

Today saw me going the almost 400 miles from Big Bend to El Paso, TX. I've been on the road for 4 days and 1,570 miles and I'm still in stinkin' Texas! Today I saw the Terlingua ghost town, rode The River Road along the Rio Grande, saw three towns with no drugstores or pharmacies but with a majority of gravel streets. Most of these small towns along the Texas-Mexico border are very undeveloped and poor. The people there are friendly and helpful with strangers. I talked with a couple of Harley riders headed from Utah to Key West. Even though I don't ride a Harley, we sat and talked over lunch at a truck stop. Oh, and the bike and I got sniffed again at ANOTHER of those Border Patrol inspection points. Tomorrow? FINALLY out of Texas and to New Mexico!

1 comment:

  1. Well, no one can say the Border Patrol doesn't do their job! Love you, Pop.

    ReplyDelete